Treatment with oils significantly improves the look of our hair, that’s why spa procedures are so popular even for use at home. Hair Spa is a complex of measures that positively affect the condition of hair and scalp. It is recommended to use not only therapeutic baths and rinses but also massages, as well as aromatherapy. The most common procedures are:
- masks with keratin;
- restoring baths with balms;
- head massage, etc.
The right choice of spa treatment can help to improve the look and the structure of the hair and solve the problem of dandruff, brittleness, and hair loss. Locks become silky, shiny and smooth. You can perform these procedures not only at professional beauty salons ,but also at home if you follow the recommendations of experts.
Create the perfect Hair Spa at home
Therapeutic powers of spring waters were known for centuries. The term “spa” was used in ancient Roman and Greek civilizations. The spa was a healing bath with rich in minerals spring water. Spa for hair is not just a massage. It’s a nourishing restoration procedure which provides a noticeable effect.
Trichologists and cosmetologists distinguish several basic elements for creating a home hair spa: oil, massage, shampoo, conditioner, and mask.
- A scalp massage is the first step of hair treatment at home. Preheat a little bit of coconut or olive oil. Pour the oil into the palm of your hand and spread it along the root part of the hair. Gently massage the head for 5–7 minutes. It improves blood circulation and promotes hair growth.
- Wash your hair with a shampoo that is right for your hair type. Use only cool water, since hot water can be harmful to the roots.
- Apply the conditioner. You can also use an infusion of tea leaves, with a few drops of lime juice added. Another interesting remedy is a beetroot paste mixed with hibiscus powder. Hibiscus flower powder is rich in iron and vitamins. Leave the mixture for 30 minutes. Rinse your hair with clean water without shampoo.
- The hair mask is a final step, which plays an important role. Mix two eggs, honey, and a little coconut oil in a deep ceramic plate. You can add one ripe banana. Leave the mixture for 20 minutes, then rinse it with water and shampoo.
Home therapy for hair includes several simple steps. Experts recommend to repeat this treatment procedure 2–3 times a month. Don’t forget that you can use low-level laser therapy as a part of the complex treatment for your hair.