Polluted environment, frequent dying, and aggressive care procedures lead to dry and damaged hair. It loses its natural color and shine, becoming dull and difficult to style. This situation can only be improved with proper care, which includes nourishing masks and other remedies made from natural ingredients. You should also use homemade recipes to get back your shiny, silky hair.
Avocado and mayonnaise
This mask moistens the hair and nourishes it from the inside. Positive results will be visible after the first procedure.
- Wash and peel the ripe avocado. It is rich in vitamins, essential fatty acids, and minerals that will help to restore the shine of your hair.
- Separate 2-ake 4–5 tbsp. of homemade mayonnaise.
- Take 4–5 tbsp. of homemade mayonnaise.
Mix all the ingredients and apply the mixture to the root part of the hair. Evenly spread the “medicine” along the entire length of the strands and wear a shower cap. Leave for 20 minutes. Rinse with water. Repeat the procedure several times a week for damaged hair and once a month for healthy locks.
Mask with olive oil
Olive oil can be very effective in restoring dry and brittle hair. It contains antioxidants and vitamins that are necessary to strengthen and restore strands. In traditional medicine, olive oil is used not only for dry hair treatment, but also for its growth stimulation and hair loss prevention. It works for all types of hair and skin, providing a healing effect.
Preheat and apply a small amount of oil on the strands. Rub it gently into the scalp and leave it for 60–80 minutes, then rinse with water using a moisturizing shampoo.
Tea for hair restoration
Use warm and unsweetened tea as a rinse after shampoo. It can change the color of your hair, so don’t forget to use a tea the same shade as your hair color.
- blondes should use chamomile tea;
- brunettes should use black tea to improve the shine and color.
Tea is a natural product that contains vitamins and tannins, which are important for active hair growth. Essential oils contained in tea are used for the treatment of dandruff.
Green tea can be used for:
- hair strengthening;
- treating dandruff;
- as a hair conditioner.
- prevents hair loss;
- removes excessive oiliness;
- moisturizes and nourishes.
Tea for hair treatment should be warm and freshly brewed. Choose a flavor free tea. It’s better to use Loose leaf tea that you can buy in specialized stores.
Useful tips for dry hair care
The main signs of dry and damaged hair include increased brittleness, dry scalp, dull color, and dandruff. This problem is caused by insufficient moisture. It happens when the sebaceous glands, situated in the scalp, don’t produce the necessary amount of fat. There may be several reasons for this: avitaminosis, diseases of the nervous system, malnutrition, or frequent use of hair dryers and curlers.
Tips from the experts:
- Do not wash your hair too often. If you have dry hair, you need 2-3 washing per week.
- Use only moisturizing shampoo for “daily use”. It contains the minimum amount of aggressive substances that dry strands.
- Wash your hair with warm or cool water.
- Use hair conditioner or balm after each wash.
- Don’t ignore hair masks, which should be used no more than 3-4 times a week.
- Do not rub your hair after washing with a towel. It is enough to wrap your head for only a few minutes to remove excess moisture.
- Do not comb damp strands. You need to use a comb with sparse teeth.
- Avoid a hairdryer. If needed, use the gentle mode with cool air.
- Don’t dry your hair too often. If possible, color only overgrown roots.
- Protect your hair from UV rays in the warm season and from the cold air in the winter.
Only a complex treatment can restore dry and brittle hair without health risks. Follow the simple recommendations and try modern innovative technologies. For example, GrivaMax Laser Cap. It is a safe method that will help to make your hair soft and beautiful. This convenient cap provides low-level laser therapy, which allows you to achieve good results at home.